What You Can Expect
Capitol has a rich history of success. At Capitol, you can expect a top notch educational experience, from a nationally renowned school, all while having a great time doing so. Yes, this is a fun environment to learn in, but it is also very difficult and takes true commitment. We are looking for very serious students. We have strict rules and expect the best of our staff and students.
Just like our diverse clientele, our student body is very diverse and we like it that way. The relationships you build during school will be lifelong, not only with your fellow students, but also your instructors, staff, & clients. This isn’t your boring sit down and take notes school. We have you working hands-on as early and often as possible.
Opportunities: We offer our students and alumni several unique experiences.
- Job Placement
- Curriculum that includes Art Studies, Salon Ownership, & Personal Finance
- Creative direction in the hair industy’s most prestigious competition, NAHA, the North American Hairstyling Awards.
- Makeup & hair design for for many local fashion shows, including Omaha Fashion Week
- Our own student-run fashion show, Christmas @ Capitol, 25 years running
- Education from Internationally known educators including Luis Alvarez, co-founder of Aquage, NAHA winner Shawna Parvin, & National Aquage Education Training Manager Theresa Elmore
- Community service events
- Help with Housing
- Regional & National beauty shows