Capitol has been active in the Omaha community for over 90 years
Alegent Health approached the McCaig family with the opportunity to name the new Image Recovery Center (IRC) after Lyal for his life-long commitment to helping others look and feel better.
Our students, staff and alumni have generously donated time, energy and services to help us raise over $350,000 for the Lyal McCaig Image Recovery Center (IRC). The IRC is part of Alegent Health’s Midwest Cancer Center where patients receive help from clinically trained cosmetologists for wig fittings, mastectomy bra fittings, prosthesis, massage, make-up consultation, and many others. alegent.com
The Center was named after Lyal following his passing from several forms of cancer in 2007. As owner and lead instructor of Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics, Lyal McCaig’s life-long commitment had always been making people look and feel better.
- We participate in educational opportunities at local libraries
- Capitol volunteers at nursing homes providing Mother’s Day manicures
- Several alumni and current students helped out with Omaha Fashion Week since its inception.
- Hair for Haiti was a city-wide effort to raise money following the destruction caused there this spring.
- Capitol students have had the pleasure of styling over 200 wigs for the Omaha Community Playhouse’s Christmas Carol.
Omaha Magazine featured an article focusing on the new Image Recovery Center in Honor of Lyal McCaig
and the work Judy has done with Alegent Health. Read the article »