Since 1923, Capitol School of Hairstyling has been training successful professionals in the field of Cosmetology.
Capitol is locally & family-owned. We are not your run-of-the-mill, corporately-owned chain school. In fact, there is only one Capitol School in the entire world. We are different from all of the “other guys” & we love it that way!
In 1975, we began preparing students to perform in the emerging field of Esthetics & skin care. In 1997 we opened Capitol School of Esthetics, a first in the region.
Though primarily regional, students have come from all over the US and some parts of the world to learn from our dedicated teachers and to gain experience in a training laboratory that services over 1,000 clients monthly.
The current staff boasts over 200 years combined experience teaching cosmetology and esthetics, including several veteran instructors that have been teaching for 10 to 40 years. They bring a tremendous depth of field to the broad based teaching program implemented at Capitol. Being a private institution, our instructors can update our curriculum to accomomodate the latest & greatest in the fashion and beauty industry. It’s not just our Licensed Instructors who’ve been trained at Capitol; Even Capitol’s Director, Reception Personnel, Financial Aid Director, Purchasing Director, Admissions Director & the school’s Owner have been trained in either Cosmetology or Esthetics (or both!)
Although importance must be placed on gaining a valid license to practice, Capitol’s staff goes above and beyond to teach fashion, art and consultation skills. In today’s marketplace, the most desirable of all professionals are knowledgeable consultants who are able to give polished customer service.
Capitol exists to provide the best training possible to those who are passionate about pursuing a career in cosmetology & esthetics. As educators, we never stop learning – taking part in local, regional, & national educational opportunities every chance we get, allowing us to teach our students up-to-the-minute techniques.
We are proud to be in our new home at 10803 John Galt Blvd. Our location provides convenience for both our loyal clientele & students. Our state-of-the-art facility’s clinic has all of the amenities of a luxurious salon & spa, with an aesthetic beauty you can appreciate.
What We Offer
- Cosmetology Program (13.5 Months)
- Esthetics Program (6 months)
- Financial Aid
- Free Advanced Training
- Graduate Placement
- Instructor Program (6 months)
- State of the Art Facility
- State & National Accreditation (NACCAS – National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences)
- Superior Hair, Skin & Body Product Lines
Get Experience and
- Build clientele in our state-of-the-art Training Clinic. The majority of your Senior Training at Capitol is spent working on clients.
- Assist Guest Artists in our advanced education center and get valuable experience working with world class educators.
- Do makeup and hair for photo shoots, fashion shows, pageants, and recitals.
- Learn spa techniques and other state-of-the-art procedures.
- Learn state-of-the-art spa procedures including hydrotherapy treatments, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, reflexology, & aromatherapy.