Capitol’s philosophies, methods, & standards come directly from its founding owners, Lyal & Judy McCaig.
Lyal’s passion for hairstyling came at a very early age, when he would watch his Aunt in awe as she worked on her clients in her salon in Paxton, a small town in western Nebraska. Lyal’s emphasis on hairstyling as an art form and his painstaking attention to detail would be the basis for his continued success as an educator. In 1969 Lyal and Judy McCaig purchased the school and the next stage for Capitol had begun.
Judy was from the small town of Morrill Nebraska in the northwest corner of the state. A licensed cosmetologist, Judy’s true passion was esthetics and she was at the forefront of skin care education here in the United States. In the early 1970’s she created additional courses in Esthetics for our Cosmetology students to attend. In 1994, Judy was instrumental in changing State Legislature that ended up in the creation of a 600 Hour Esthetics License here in Nebraska. This fulfilled the needs of thousands of individuals seeking education focused directly on corrective skincare and spa services and procedures.
Omaha Magazine featured an article focusing on the new Image Recovery Center in Honor of Lyal McCaig
and the work Judy has done with Alegent Health. Read the article »
- Served 10 years on the Nebraska State Cosmetology Board of Directors
- Instrumental in gaining legislative action to require Continued Education for licensed Cosmetologists
- Instrumental in establishing a separate Esthetics license in Nebraska
- Past President of the Nebraska Cosmetology Association
- Member of the Nebraska Hair Fashion Committee
- Experienced Esthetician & Cosmetologist
- Director of Cosmetech, a company supplying industry products
- Director of Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics
- Trained in Esthetics